Saturday, October 1, 2011

90 Days with Jesus-Day 82 (Friday's blog)

Stepping out in faith has always been a challenge! I'm reminded on this day of the journey of Jesus asking Peter, "Peter, do you love me?" Peter responded 3 times "Lord, you know I love you." Jesus says back to him, "Feed my sheep." (John 21;15-19). Multiple times in the new testament and old testament people were asked to act simply on faith alone. Some obeyed while others simply questioned God and His motives, then they stepped out in faith.

God has been dealing with me LOTS during these 90 days about teaching a Bible Study, getting back out there and sharing my personal testimony at different places where He opens doors, and doing some Home Mission work in my own modern day Jerusalem...Williamsburg/Newport News, VA. Scared, uncertain about what's ahead, there's one thing I must do. I must obey Him! It's the 2nd part of God's call on my life. It's been 1 year ago since I graduated college and I've not done ANYTHING about this part of the call. God's been nudging hard on me.

What does all of this mean?!!! Well, the only true answer I have heard is for me to teach at least one online Bible Study. This won't occur until Spring of next year because I work retail and I must get through the next 120 something odd days alive!!!!! It's called Holiday Season...Black out where you aren't allowed any time off and you are 1000% devoted to your job...

So, I'm in the process of putting my other foot out of the boat and stepping out on complete faith that "being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Phillippians 1:6 NIV

Last but not least there are 8 beautiful days left in this journey! I've been blessed, amazed, wowed by God and the amazing people who have encouraged me through these 90 days. I can't say thank you enough for allowing Jesus and me to share this journey with you! It's not over yet, keep your seatbelt buckled! These last 8 days are going to be a thrill ride I"m sure!

Much love and blessings,
Alicia Roark

No comments:

Post a Comment