Thursday, September 29, 2011

90 Days with Jesus-Day 81 (Thursday's blog)

On this morning of the 81st day I have tears running down my cheeks as I have taken a glance back at what God has done on this journey. I've seen where He's carried me and spoken to me. This journey has been worth it's weight in gold! It's had an eternal impact on me!!!

When this journey first began I was a Prodigal Christian walking in a dry dessert land. There was no life to my Christian walk. There was no true joy in going to church or reading my Bible (when it did get read). It's 81 days later and my Christian walk is like a well springing up with new life in it ready to spread the news about Jesus to everybody I encounter!

The most powerful moments thus far have been sitting in silence listening to His still small voice speak to me. I've come to know that there is no other place I'd rather be than in His presence. It's there that my soul finds rest, my heart is comforted, and my mind is put at ease. I bow at His throne of Grace and He meets me there. Together we commune and talk about this relationship and how it's blossoming! It's at His feet I cast my burdens. None of them are too heavy. He takes my burdens and offers me His grace and mercy that are new with each morning!

During this journey He's asked me to step out of my boat of comfort and join Him on the water. It's on the water where my faith becomes active! Let me paint you a quick picture of what the water looks like and what I've seen there so far: Prison inmates who feel they've no hope, People seeking an answer for their life's problems, Lost souls, Physically hungry people, Rich people who think they've got it all, A woman who just needed to talk. See when you step out on the water you say, "Jesus, I trust you and whatever circumstance I find out here while on the water with you, I'll trust that you have a purpose and plan." Here's a verse that says it all too well: "The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight
for the blind, to release the oppressed, to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor. " Luke 4:18-19.

You see, it's in His presence that EVERYTHING changes. There's truly no place I'd rather be!







Overcome with Thankfulness,
-Alicia Roark

No comments:

Post a Comment