Wednesday, September 14, 2011

90 Days with Jesus- Day 66 (Wednesday's Blog)

On this 66th day of the journey I am sick with a sinus/allergy infection. I have been in bed all day long practically. Where did this sickness originate from?! Well, I happen to know exactly where it came from. Two days ago I was cleaning up debris from Hurricane Irene and well all those allergens decided they wanted to be friends with me. So much so that it has ended me up pretty darn sick.

You see, in this 5 ft body of a woman stands some illogical sense that comes about every once in a while that I can be superwoman. On Monday I cleaned the debris out of the yard, mowed the front and side yard, vacuumed the carpet, stripped the beds, did laundry, cooked dinner, cleaned the bathroom, scrubbed the downstairs floor, and cooked dinner. All the while those little allergense were working their little dirty trick to get me sick. Now I'm flat on my back feeling like an eighteen wheeler hit me.

My best friend Sharon Gauthier is always telling me, "Alicia, you need to slow down some you're going to wear yourself out." Well, for the first time...She's right. Sharon you may now take a bow and say "I told you so." Go ahead get it out of your system! I truly love her though, she's an amazing best friend! God reminded me today where my strength lies and IT IS NOT IN MYSELF. 2 Corinthinans 12:10 says: "That is why, for Christ's sake I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am when, then I am strong."

He is my strength and it is He who will get me back on my feet to feeling better. Until such time, I shall stop trying to be superwoman and take it a little easier!

Tonight's question:

1. Do you try to play superwoman and get all worn out and sick?!!

God bless you,
Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment