Tuesday, September 6, 2011

90 Days with Jesus-Day 58-Tuesday's Blog

Heaven! It's where I'm going when I die! Not because I've been a nice person, or have done nice things for people. It's because I have a saving relationship with Jesus Christ. On this 58th day of this journey I've been thinking LOTS about Heaven.

Just yesterday a precious lady from our church went home to be with Jesus. In Sunday school we've been studying a little in Revelation about Heaven. This week we'll dig in real deep. However, my mind still can't help but wonder, what's Heaven really like? Sure, I've read and heard about the streets of gold and gates of pearl and mansions, and angels. My mind can't comprehend what Heaven is like and neither can yours. I firmly believe that God has some pretty big secrets He's holding onto!

Here's one thing that I know for sure my friend from church is free from pain, she's with the ONE she loved the most and I'm almost sure when she saw Jesus it took her breath away. One day we will all pass away from these earthly bodies, but the peace that passes all understanding is knowing where you are going when you die.

So tonight in memory of my friend I wrote this poem:

Your smile brightened up the room
and your family loved you so,
But on yesterday afternoon it was your time to go

You saw the face of Jesus who died to take away your sin,
I'm sure as He stood at those pearly gates He said, Welcome Home, Come on in.

Eternity begins today your mansion is just inside,
Don't worry about your friends and loved ones I'll wipe away the tears from their eyes.

Here in Heaven you'll have lots and lots of fun,
But there's one thing I must say before we begin,
Welcome Home and Well done!

Written by:
Alicia Roark

No comments:

Post a Comment