Thursday, September 8, 2011

90 Days with Jesus-Day 59 (Wednesday's blog)

When I think about how far spiritually I've grown on this 90 Day Journey I get all choked up. Before this journey I was as dry as the desert spiritually. However, sometimes it takes something like this journey to get you back on track.

Tonight I'd like to talk to you about what a dried up Christian walk might look like. You see it's easy to attend church on Sunday morning and sing Oh How I love Jesus and never crack the Bible, and half the time mumble 9-11 prayers. You know about 9-1-1- prayers. It's those prayers that we talk to God about when we are desperate. Oh how He longs to hear from us BEFORE we get desperate. BEFORE we get into that dry place. It's easy to get to that place if we don't stay in God's Word, attend corporate worship weekly, and pray without ceasing.

You see I've learned to read God's Word at a whole new level! I've learned that He means what He says and that I must be obedient to what that Holy Bible says whether I feel like it or not. I must walk in total obedience to God. My friend how I wished I could wave a magic wand and let you experience Christ in all of His fullness as I have here recently. However, you have to make that choice. Trust me it is so worth it.

Tonight I have one question for you:

1. Do you find yourself in a desert Christian walk????

Blessings,
Alicia Roark

No comments:

Post a Comment