Wednesday, September 21, 2011

90 Days with Jesus-Day 71 (Monday's Blog)


On this 71st day of the journey, guess what?!!! I ended up in urgent care and now have a diagnosis of Bronchitus, a possible slight touch of pneumonia, and a sinus infection! JUST WHEN I THOUGHT I WAS GETTING BETTER.

I learned something very interesting yesterday while reading a devotion that I subscribe to. Did you know that there is nowhere in the Bible where Jesus is actually referred to as the Great Physician?!!!! It's a name we've placed on Him and rightfully so I think! There are many names of Jesus but on this day I'm more thankful than a little bit that I can simply call on His precious Name!

Speaking of calling on the name of Jesus, today I would like to share with you just how precious His Name is. You know the Ten Commandments right?! Well it happens to be commandment #2. Do we always reverence His name the way we should?!! All of the time I hear people call out His name unnecessarily, and use swear words after His name. It makes me shudder to know that there are some deep ramifications for misuse of His name.

Tonight He's my Great Physician. In time He will heal me, until then He allowed me to see an earthly physician who gladly gave me 4 prescriptions and left me with the following words: GET SOME REST.

So on this night I would like to simply challenge you to reverence the Name of Jesus..The Name above all Names!

God bless you,
Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment