Sunday, September 25, 2011

90 Days with Jesus-Day 74 (Thursday's blog)


Sometimes God takes me by surprise! I love surprises (the good kind of course!). On this 74th day of the journey God is doing a new thing in my spiritual life! He's preparing me for ministry! YEP, you heard right He is preparing me for ministry AGAIN!

God has spoken the following verse to me LOTS over the course of this journey: "Behold I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland." Isaiah 43:19. A few days ago I posted that I've taken LOTS of spiritual gifts tests and they all come back with EVANGELISM/Preaching and Encouragement. Well, God has moved upon my heart this past week, especially due to CHAPTER 1 in this Bible study called "A Confident Heart" that I'm participating in online, to stand up on my feet, and get out there and tell others what Jesus has done in my life. He is doing a new thing in my life spiritually.

When God calls you to something you might not feel that you're very equipped. Oh my friend, I am here to tell you God doesn't call the equipped HE EQUIPS THE CALLED! He's equipping me to get back out there! I"ll be finding out how to become a better Christian speaker. It's HIM I want to radiate, It's HIM I want to get the Glory, and it's HIM I want others to have an encounter with or meet for the very first time so they can spend eternity with Him!

Never did I expect the journey to take a turn like this. However, my response is simply this: Here am I Lord, send me. Open doors where souls need to be saved and hearts ministered to. Close doors that aren't meant to be traveled through, but most importantly through the process...TO GOD BE THE GLORY GREAT THINGS HE HATH DONE!

So on this night I"d like to ask you:

1. Are you listening to that still small voice?!!

2. Is He doing a new thing in your life?!!!

God bless you,
Alicia Roark

No comments:

Post a Comment