Tuesday, September 27, 2011

90 Days with Jesus-Day 79 (Tuesday's blog)


Today God chose to speak to me while digging sweet potatoes. I didn't expect Him to speak to me in quite the way He did! So, today God spoke to me about Sin.

I was digging in the dirt and God said, "Just like you're filthy and dirty so is sin. The more you dig into sin the dirtier you'll get." I looked at the ground mounding up and some potatoes had surfaced above ground. God said, 'Sin might have deep roots and you think you can hide it, but eventually it will surface itself in due time." I thought, you're right Lord. Sin, it's filthy and it can take you into some pretty deep dark places and root itself deep into your heart.

Well the mosquitoes began to bite and the ants had gotten on me. Soon I had huge welts on my hand. I said to myself, I don't want to be out here any longer than I have to these bugs are eating me alive. God spoke, "Sin will take you further than you want to go, keep you longer than you want to stay, and cost you more than you want to pay."

I finished in the garden and immediately hit the shower. The dirt just poured off of me. I had to get a scrub brush under my nails. God spoke, "Come now, let us reason together,” says the LORD. “Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool. – Isaiah 1:18

I finished my shower and then put medicine on all of my bug bites. It sure felt good to be clean! Today I am thankful for the Blood of Jesus that washed away my sins!

Got sweet potatoes?!!!

Question for today:

1. Do you have sin in your life that you need to confess so Jesus can wash you white as snow?!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment