Thursday, September 1, 2011

90 Days with Jesus-Day 52 (Wednesday's blog)

Have you ever been wore out exhausted?! Well, you are not alone. I am now working on 1 hour of sleep in two days. We finally made it back home last night to get the generator started that wouldn't start for 3 days. Our neighbor helped us get it going! Thank you Lord for our neighbors!

I thought, oh now I'll get plenty of rest. I"m back in my bed, generator going which meant cool air! All would be well...NOT SO FAST! ALL NIGHT LONG my precious two dogs decided to bark and the fire trucks in and out every 5 minutes, and VA POWER employees were talking SO LOUD outside my window. NO SLEEP. Sean and I were up and down all night seeing if the power was up. Zilch, Zero, Nadda.....OH how I want power back....THEN AT 7 AM I heard Sean shout from the other room, WE HAVE POWER!" WOOOOOOOOOO HOOO do a happy dance!!!!! Power, the sweetest words ever since Saturday afternoon at 2 p.m.

Off to work I went then God said, "Praise me anyways. Turn on your favorite song and SING." I thought, "Are you kidding me, I"m exhausted..Yes, I"m glad we have power, but I'm tired." Then God said, "SING Alicia and Praise me." Well, guess who won that battle?!!! You got it! He did! He always wins!! His ways are definitely higher! Off to work I went singing and praising, and praying. I got to work and got a coke and jump started the day. Then lunch came, I ate lunch and headed back out to the floor. Wait....Where did the tiredness go? I couldn't find it? It had vanishes just as quickly as it came. Then God spoke again, "The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song. " Psalm 28:7 He restored my strength when I was tired and weary! He carried me through my shift. Thank you Lord!

Today I would like to challenge you to SING and Praise God when you're tired, moody, and weary! Go ahead, pop in that favorite song of yours and Sing for Joy to the King!

Love in Christ,
Alicia



No comments:

Post a Comment