Sunday, September 11, 2011

90 Days with Jesus-Day 63 (Sunday)


On this 63rd day of the journey I am just blown away by what God is doing in my relationship with Him! He beckons me to spend time with Him and He shows up ever so powerfully every single day without fail.

A couple of days ago I began reading a book I would like to recommend to all of you to read. It's called "Woman Thou Art Loosed" by T.D. Jakes. It talks about women and how we are in bondage from so many things. It also talks about self-esteem and so much more. It has lots of scriptures and it is blessing my socks off! I think it would bless you too! Please, go get that book and have a read!

This morning I attended Sunday School! I love studying God's Word! It is so special to me now! Before this journey picking it up was a chore! Now...not so much! It's easy to pick up the Word and learn more about my Savior!

You know we Christians who attend church regularly sometimes can get in a rut! We go to church on Sunday morning and then on Monday it's time to enter the mission field. Recently God has been dealing with me about what my Christian life looks like on Monday-Saturday. Really, do I always reflect His character? Do I witness the way I should? Do I listen always for His still small voice? Is my language uplifting? Those are the tough questions I had to answer recently and God is still dealing with little ol' me on some of those issues! I'm here to say that I am thankful that God is still working on this woman!

So on this night I'd like to ask you:

1. Do you reflect Christ's character beyond Sunday morning?

2. Do you read His Word daily to get to know Him better?

Thanks again for journeying along with Jesus and I! Again, go get that book: "Woman Thou Art Loosed." You'll be shouting glory by page 2!

God bless you,
Alicia Roark

No comments:

Post a Comment