Thursday, August 11, 2011

90 Days with Jesus-Day 32 (Thursday)

Oh how precious is the Word of God. The Bible is such a treasure and these days I'm learning more and more about King Jesus! He speaks to me so clearly these days. I've come to know that this is exactly what happens when you spend time with Him. I know I've said it a million times, but it bears saying again, "I wished I would've done this sooner."

This morning I woke and got out to take my walk! Yep all 2.2 miles of it! My ever faithful Ipod now with 9 little songs on it in tow. I began my walk with the music going and the trip up today seemed to fly. However, this was not the usual morning walk. At one point I said to God, I want to experience you on this morning walk even with the music blaring in my ears in praise to you. So, I got 98% of the way to the 1.1 mile distance and then.....there arose the sweetest smell I'd ever smelt come into my nostrils. It was just amazing. I'd never smelt something that sweet or nice smelling EVER...I thought...There must've been a woman pass with nice smelling perfume on. I looked behind me...Nodda, then I looked ahead, nothing. Then I heard God whisper, I AM here. "I am the Rose of Sharon, a lilly of the valleys." Song of Solomon 2:1. WOW....I reached the turn around point and took of my earbuds to stretch and pray for safety on the way home.

I headed back toward home. The smell that I'd just smelled...It was no longer there. I just smiled! I was listening to music on the way home when I heard a song called "Do Everything." by Steven Curtis Chapman. A clear reminder that in everything I do, do it all to His Glory. It's not just today, but everyday I should be doing that! I firmly believe that was God's reminder to me today to learn from yesterday's experience.

Onward I continued. THEN...THERE WAS THIS AWFUL STENCH...There were no trash cans around though. Not a single solitary one. There were no recycle bins or anything. Then God spoke again. "Your sin smells just like that stench to me. It's unpleasant and I don't like it. It makes me sick. If you start your day with me I will be your guide, without me you can do nothing." There was no where to hide either. He was speaking to me and chastising me for yesterday on my walk back home. I humbly walked in the door and knew exactly what I needed to do for today!




God bless you,
Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment