Saturday, August 27, 2011

90 Days with Jesus-Day 47 (Friday)

Sometimes God puts you into situations to see if you stand firm in your faith! Yesterday was one of those days. Here in VA and all over the East Coast we've been preparing for Hurricane Irene. Yesterday people either stayed home or came out to buy last minute items such as "C" and "D" cell batteries, flashlights, battery-powered radios, and portable tv's.

The morning started off rough. People were in a rush, and their attitudes weren't very nice. I thought why are these people in such a hurry when they've had an entire week and to prepare? THEN GOD SPOKE...."It's not any different from their spiritual lives, but you must show them my love today." Well, I didn't feel like showing people God's love yesterday. It didn't matter though. Jesus didn't feel like going on the cross to die for us but He did it. I got in contact with a few friends and asked them to pray because I was having a hard time yesterday morning.

The afternoon came and do you know that people's attitudes were much different? They were nicer, not as many people were snapping at the employees, and the flow of the afternoon seemed to be much smoother! I liked that!

Just before my day was over, God spoke again one more time. "They've waited to the last minute for a hurricane, and people can hear about my Word, be shown my love, but they will wait to the last hour to believe in me. You must show them my love on good and bad days and point them to me." Enough said.

Here's a question for you:

1. When situations like natural disasters happen, do you take the time to show people God's love in the midst of chaos?!!

2. When's the last time you genuinely showed people God's love?!

Thanks for taking this journey with Jesus and I!

Love,
Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment