Wednesday, July 27, 2011

90 Days with Jesus-Day 17

Some days on this journey I wished I could take every one of my readers along with me in my pocket on these daily 2.2 mile walks. Oh the things that the Master is teaching me! It completely blows my mind! I stand in complete Awe of Him each and every day that I am on this journey.

This morning's walk was not different than any other morning. I got up, put on my exercise clothes, grabbed my ipod, and out the door I went. I was less than 2 blocks away from the house when I heard the enemy say, "Just take the short cut and go to Shepherd drive then turn around. Remember you were sick yesterday." I was like OH NO...NOT TODAY DEVIL...SO ONWARD we went Jesus and I! It is my sincerest belief that God has a way of lining up which songs He wants me to hear on the way up to the first mile. This morning's songs talked about Christianity and how when we're saved we're a changed people and that although we might stumble, falter, and fail, we're falling forward and that anything that seems way over our heads in completely under God's feet and under His control. How's that for a morning lineup of songs?!!! He knows what He is doing!

Then came time for the walk back. I stretched my legs, said a prayer and headed back home. I say this everyday but it is indeed the hardest part of the trip because I have to LISTEN. I talk to God, praise God, Glorify God for 1.1 miles so on the way back, for 1.1 miles I simply listen.

I've walked this same route now for 17 days. You would think that I am all to familiar with this route, the landmarks, the things that I see. Well..today was different. Around here in Williamsburg it's close to election time. WHAM. There it was, a big ol' honkin' election sign that read, "Re-elect so and so. Then God spoke what if in everybody's yards they had signs that read, "Elect King Jesus, Lord and Savior of Your life. His promises never fail, and His word endures forever." WOW! All because of a little election sign. Sometimes we go astray and wander from God and do things our own way. Then the sign should read, "Re-dedicate your life to King Jesus. He's waiting with open arms to welcome you Home." Let me tell you Jesus always Wins! He is the Master and Creator of the Universe and He desires to have a morning walk with you too! He wants to talk to you and speak to you in ways you never knew were possible. Take it from me, I know!

Last but not least this morning's devotion I read was on faith. The verse for today is: "But we are not of those who shrink back and are destroyed but those who believe and are saved." Hebrews 10:38. It reminded me of a couple of songs I heard this morning on my walk. Falling Forward, and Step into the Joy both by Sandi Patti. Have you ever heard of anybody taking a leap of faith backwards? Me either! So it's on this day that I encourage you to take a step of faith and know that if you stumble, falter, and fall that in God you're always falling forward right into His arms of love!

No comments:

Post a Comment