Tuesday, July 12, 2011

90 Days with Jesus-Morning 2

This morning as I rose and placed my two feet on the floor, I was reminded of my shin splints. An instantaneous reminder of the fact that I was out of shape. I quickly got on my exercise clothes and out the door I went. I know these 90 Days aren't going to be easy. There'll be many days that my body won't want to cooperate, but my mind and will must cooperate too along with the prompting from that still small voice called the Holy Spirit!

On this morning's walk I didn't have my phone with music on it. I had no noise making device with me. As I began to walk I began to pray for my neighbors, the firemen/EMT's down the street from me. I prayed that this day that God would bless them! My prayer continued, then I said Amen. This was the tough part. YEP...Listening time. I don't mean like 2 minutes of listening. I had 15-20 minutes of listening. Here's what I heard the Holy Spirit of God say to me this morning: "Just like you're physically out of shape, you are spiritually out of shape too. You can fill your body with Soda, junk, and other various foods to keep that energy going. You can bandage up your wounds, soak your legs in a hot tub to sooth the pain from your shin splints, but none of that will fix your spiritual condition. Put on the whole armour of God that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." (Ephesians 6:11). You need to read my Word Daily, it will protect you and guide you. Talk to me daily I long to tell you much more about how to truly get to know Me. Spend time in worship at church, it's where you can also meet with me. Then keep telling others about me. It's what I've told you to do anyways, what are you waiting for?"

How's that for an encounter with God? Yep, humbling. So, now it's time for me to not only get in physical shape but also in spiritual shape! Here's a question to ask yourself today...Are you Spiritually Fit?!! Why not talk to God about this? Have a walk, and talk with him or go sit in a chair and just spend time with Him. Let me tell you, that still small voice is POWERFUL! Oh what a Savior!

Today is a day of celebration! Today is the inspiration (after of course the Holy Spirit's prompting) behind the 90 days with Jesus! Today is my mom's 90th birthday. Just a month or so ago we weren't sure she was going to live, but here she is, still alive and Oh how thankful I am! I got to thinking about mom a little too on my walk. Mom walks with a walker, has assistance with some of her daily activities of living, and is now legally blind. She doesn't always feel good but her attitude is great. She gets up and keeps on keeping on in her one bedroom apartment in an assisted living facility in Alexandria, LA. So, Happy Birthday MOM! I LOVE YOU!

I'll send another blog this evening when I get home!

In His Love,
Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment