Wednesday, July 13, 2011

90 Days with Jesus-Day 3

My night last night was looong. I couldn't wind down from work and then after I did wind down I couldn't find my comfortable spot for sleeping. Then if it couldn't get any worse, right when I was ready to doze off, my husband Sean stirred and that was the end of that. Practically no sleep.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnng went the alarm at 6:15 to wake Sean up. I'd just finally dozed off and now the alarm. I could just sleep in this morning and walk tomorrow morning. I"m tired and sleepy. Then came that still small voice again. "I never sleep nor do I slumber, GET UP ALICIA." Powerful huh?!

I got up put on my exercise clothes, grabbed my ipod and headed out. The sequence of songs I heard on my walk this morning I couldn't have done that if I tried: The came in the following order;

1. Awesome in this Place-Kathy Triccoli
2. Your grace flows down and covers me
3. Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus-instrumental
4. Preach the Word-Gold City
5. Touch your people once again-Steve Green

The message in those songs were for ME today. I needed to be reminded today of just how much God loves me and how His grace and mercy sustain me everyday. Yes, tis so sweet to trust in Jesus. I got quite choked up during your grace flows down and covers me. God painted me a true picture of what Calvary was like. He said, "You say your tired today. Well, I had been up all day and night going from trial to trial. I was beaten, battered, and bruised. Then there was the cross I had to carry. You have a nice paved road, the road I trod on crucifixion day was dusty, rocky, and rough. I hold you in my hand so that you don't stumble. You have a place to rest at night but the Son of man has no place to rest His head. I've saved you from Hell. So, why not tell others about me? Stop complaining and start praising instead!"

There was no tree big enough to hide behind and there were no holes to climb in. That still small voice of God is powerful and if we will simply be still HE will speak to us!

So here's a question for you today: When is the last time you told somebody about Jesus?

In His Love,
Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment