Thursday, July 28, 2011

90 Days with Jesus-Day 18


Today I want to talk to you about a word that nobody likes. Obstacles. They get in our way, keep us from our intended goal, and frustrate us in the process. That is exactly what I encountered on my walk this morning. The first 1.1 miles wasn't bad only a couple of cars passed me by, but I was also in the midst of worshiping God through the music on my Ipod.

On the way back the traffic just kept coming. I had to be extra careful. Several times I had to stop to let traffic pass b/c they were too close to where I was. I reached frustration. I even said out loud at one point, "OF COURSE." However, I heard God say, "people use obstacles all day long to not spend time with me. They say they're busy, the cell phone rings, their to do list grows, and time with me gets put to the wayside." Humbling isn't it?

So today I would like to ask you:

1. What obstacles stand in the way of you spending time with God?


Have a blessed day! Thank you again for taking this journey with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment