Thursday, July 14, 2011

90 Days with Jesus-Day 4

It's a beautiful day here in Williamsburg, VA, and the weather is HOT too. My day started at 6:30 a.m. I was due at work for a quick meeting which meant....A CHANGE IN PLANS. I'd have to do my walk later than usual. Ok, I was good with that, then as I began my drive home I began to notice the heat, and the fact it was 9 a.m. and the fact that it was approaching the hottest part of the day. I was determined. I don't care if it's 900 degrees today I'm going to walk.

I parked my car, threw on my exercise clothes and at approximately 9:15 I went for my walk. This morning I popped in a piece of watermelon bubble gum in my mouth, threw my ipod on and started walking. I listened to a couple of songs. Then God said..."Jog some today." I thought are you kidding me, I'm so out of shape...I obeyed. I jogged some and walked some." I reached the 1.1 mile point(Queen's Lake Middle School) then I stretched and said a quick prayer before heading back.

This is always the part where I turn off all of the noise and simply listen. I got a little worried because I didn't hear much at first. Then I noticed...my gum is loosing it's flavor...AND THEN GOD SPOKE. "Just like that bubble gum, Christians can loose their fervor for God. Just like when you blow a bubble, it's like the day I saved you. You're full of fervor, ready to serve and tell somebody about me. Now when the bubble pops it's like Satan stealing your joy, telling you that you really don't have to read your bible everyday or go to worship, or spend time with me. You loose your joy and fervor for serving me. Remember my word says, ""You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled by men." Matthew 5:13

How's that for God speaking? He got my attention!

Here's a question for today: Have you lost your fervor/flavor for serving God?!!!

Today's Verse: Matthew 5:13

Have a blessed day!

In His love,
Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment