Monday, July 11, 2011

90 Days with Jesus-End of Day 1

It's the end of Day 1. This day I was reminded of just how great our God is! This morning I went on a walk that ended up being 2.2 miles. Praise and Worship music accompanied me on the walk this morning. I played Worthy of Worship on my phone as I walked. Our God is so worthy of all the praise, honor, and glory that we can give Him.

As I turned back around to head home I began to get weary. God quietly spoke and said, "Imagine what Jesus felt like carrying a cross all the way up to a hill called Golgatha." A lump set in my throat. I began to thank God for the ultimate sacrifice of His son Jesus. I made my way back home and cooled down with a bottle of water. Again, Jesus spoke, " This water you drink this morning will cause you to thirst again, but feast on my word and learn of me and I will fill you to overflowing." I was humbled. That still small voice that I had longed to hear began to speak. Oh what a Savior!

As I sipped on my bottle of water I read a devotion from the internet. The verse that accompanied it was, "To live is Christ and to die is gain." Phillippians 1:21. Everyday on this journey I must die to myself in order to live for Christ! It's a sacrifice I'm willing to make.

Later I went to work. I did 2 random acts of kindness! I had the intention of doing it for strangers but on this day God led me to do something for two totally different coworkers! They were grateful! God must've smiled from ear to ear because on this day HE was glorified.

It's late now and I've had a long day, but the greatest thing about this day was my time with Jesus! I wouldn't trade it for the world! I can't wait to see what He has to say to me over the next 89 days! Come along and enjoy the journey with Jesus and me!

Recap of today:

Walked 2.2 miles (one way is 1.1 miles!)
2 random acts of Kindness
1.5 hours with Jesus

Amazed by my Lord,
Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment