Monday, July 18, 2011

90 Days with Jesus-Day 8

This day was busy. It started with the challenge of me being sleepy, groggy, moody, and itchy from this most aggravating sunburn. I didn't know how today would go, but I knew that I needed to pray about it or satan could have a hay day with this Jesus girl. I began to pray and tell God that I was tired, worn out, itchy, moody, and I needed HIS HELP to get through the day.

I hopped on the scale in anticipation of seeing how much weight I'd lost last week. The result. NODDA, ZILCH, ZERO. BUT GOD I said, I walked all those miles and really tried. His response, "You didn't gain the weight in one week and it won't go away in one week, be patient and wait on me." Just the answer I didn't want to hear, but I did ask....

Off to work I went and I began to feel more energy than usual, and the itch diminished significantly! The customers were happy and all was well. I headed home thankful for the day. I knew though I hadn't had my walk this morning. SO, I walked in and decided to go for my 2.2 mile walk this evening.

On the first leg of the trip I listened to music as usual, and the second leg I listened. I was one quarter of the way home when I heard God say, "You want to loose weight, well you need to do more than just the bare minimum of walking." I've only been walking 2.2 miles. Now, I'm not saying that's bad because that's me and God's time together. I believe I need to incorporate some crunches and other stuff in my exercise video as well as watch what I eat!" Garbage in, garbage out they say.

Last but not least after returning home from my walk I sat down for today's devotion. The title of it was, "What's Your Ninevah?" I began to read and understand that I have Ninevah. Something I feel God has told me to do but I'm running in the opposite direction of it. All of us have a Ninevah. We are a scared people and want to do the very opposite of what God tells us to do.

Tonight I want to challenge you to ask yourself the following questions:

1. What is my Ninevah?
2. When will I obey God and stop running?

Last but not least a quick recap of my first week of 90 Days with Jesus:

Weight Loss: ZERO

Miles Walked: 9 miles walked

Random acts of kindness: Numerous

Thank you for coming along on this journey! To God be the Glory great things HE is doing in my life!

Love,
Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment