Saturday, July 16, 2011

90 Days with Jesus-Day 5 (July 15th)

I am blogging for yesterday. Yesterday I was in bed practically all day from heat exhaustion. It was no fun. Wore out, feeling bad, and no energy. Have you ever felt like that? What about spiritually? Have you not felt like going to church, Sunday School, or even walking across the street to tell a neighbor about Jesus?

I'm human. I've been there before too. Thank the Lord we have a Savior who has a solution for us when we are spiritually worn out. "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” Matthew 28:11-30.

The verses above deal with your spiritual weariness. What about physical weariness? Sometimes we get warning signs! The other day my best friend and I went to the pool. Before I left home I grabbed the sunscreen so I'd be properly protected. I didn't take time to look at the bottle I just grabbed it. Well, off to the pool we went for several hours. I got home and felt a little tired. Later that night we both had a church meeting. I got the chills in that church meeting and knew I was in trouble. I told Sharon I was cold and to see if I was real red. She said, " You're pink...but not overly red." I went home after the meeting really tired and went straight to bed. The next morning I couldn't get out of bed. WHAM...Like a brick wall. God had given me warning signs that I was wearing out even before I'd gone to the pool. Lack of energy, restless nights etc...I just didn't heed them and the result was a day in bed practically all day until I had to leave for work last night. So yesterday while in bed I heard God say. If you'd had read the bottle you would've known that the sunscreen wasn't the waterproof bottle. Sean (my husband) had put it away in another location.) If you'd drank more water you would've been properly hydrated. If you would've taken a nap over the past few days and taken your vitamins you wouldn't be in this shape. Oh this journey with God is sure teaching me 1 thing for sure. TOTAL RELIANCE ON HIM AND TO ALWAYS BE READY TO HEAR THAT STILL SMALL VOICE.

I ended up in bed last night by ten! I prayed and yep...right back to sleep.

Oh what a Savior!'
Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment